Within the framework of our Corporate Social Responsibility and in line with our values, we are committed to and act proactively to minimize the environmental impact of our economic activity.
This commitment, which is fully integrated into the company policy of Oliva Torras, can be seen in our Environmental Management System, based on the UNE-EN ISO 14001 standard, which, among other things, focuses on:
The generation and management of waste
• Sourcing and prioritizing the use of highly recyclable raw materials in the design and manufacture of products.
• Optimization of the reuse of surplus and excess raw materials in production processes.
• Optimal arrangement of bins and areas for the correct classification and storage of specialized and non-specialized waste.
• Correct waste management under the supervision of authorized managers.
The consumption of energy resources and raw materials
• Reducing electricity consumption through the optimization of the interior lighting system in the buildings by replacing discharge lamps with LED lighting.
• Increasing self-sufficiency in electrical energy by installing photovoltaic solar panels on building roofs.
• Optimizing natural gas consumption for industrial processes and heating.
Controlling and reducing emissions and discharges
• Complying with current regulations on the control of CO2 emissions into the atmosphere.
• Controlling the purification of waste water from the paint facilities.
All these issues are routinely checked by the appropriate indicators and included in the review of the integrated quality and environmental management system.
Besides these ongoing objectives, we regularly carry out specific improvement measures. For instance, in 2022 we have implemented measures in the following areas:
• An expansion of photovoltaic panels has been made, assuming a saving of 76.67Tn of CO2.
• With respect to the waste generated, there has been a 90% decrease in packaging waste coming from the objective of reducing plastic in the facilities by ceasing to consume 3000 bottles of water.
• Absorbent waste has also decreased by 31.5%, aerosols by 61.5%, paper and cardboard by 6%, wood by 22%, plastic by 47% and 43.3 % the cut of raw material.